Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Irreperable loss



I have lost them all....
I have lost those conversations filled with laughter; conversations in which the no: of people engaged and the subject were immaterial; conversations that were made with your hands twisted around the shoulder of your friend while abusing him in the filthiest of languages; conversations in which no one was exempted from 'thepps'; conversations that were made to reach at no conclusions whatsoever, but made just for the sake of it....
I have lost entry into the most pristine place that I have ever entered; the place were you go and yell to irk every Romeo n Juliet lost in each other's charms; the place were u fall dead as log in the cushiony layer of dead, yellow and brown leaves as the sun peeks occasionally through the live and green leaves....
I have lost my place in those weekly meetings were I was seen as an elder brother; were it was about not me but you; were I got all the respect that I have ever received....
I have lost company of some of the most lovable persons I have ever met; persons who would tell u that u cud do even when u believed u were good for nothing, persons whom u would pardon even if they call you that particular name of yours that u hated most....
I have lost the smiles that would come my way every morning in the lobby, in the corridor and in other departments....
I have lost my assignments, my lab-records and my identity card....
I have lost my life...
When it occurs to me occasionally what I have lost, a sense of fear grips me, fear of not being able to have them again....I see what I have lost in my dreams; they wake me up from sleep and I feel my eyes moistening ....I am not smart enough to forgo them all and walk thru the path ahead; for there is none....I am stuck at the end and I gaze at the paths that I have trod....I try walking over them again everyday as I leave ma home in the morning to the things that I have lost because they pull me to them..

2 comments:

blah said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm

we are in such a state...

arun said...

hehe but i hav seen ppl getting on with their lives ahead just like that after cllg man....one fine day they r outta cllg ...say yeah iam otta it n lets move on....n they start livin..exactly wat i can't do